POST-DOC, GRADUATE, UNDERGRADAUTE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT MENTORING
Post-Doctoral Fellow Supervision:
- Romila Manchanda (W.H Coulter Young Inventor, 2007-2011). – Research Assistant Professor in BME at FIU. Associate Professor, KR Mangalam University, Gurgaon, India
- Joshy John, 2011-2012. Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Minnesota, Department of Chemistry.
- PhD Student Major Advisor
- Jiali Wang, PhD, 2005-2009. Motion Correction Algorithm of Lung Tumors for Respiratory Gated PET Images (supported by AHA) – Medical Physicist at West Physics Consulting, LLC and is ABR (American Board of Radiology) certified
- Yuan Tang, PhD, 2005-2010. Image Guided Targeted Therapeutics for Cancer: Combined Hyperthermia and Chemotherapy. (Supported by FLDOH, awarded Outstanding CEC PhD Graduate spring 2010) – Postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Temple University
- Ruchir Bhatt, 2007-2012. A novel algorithm for PET tumor volume and activity quantification: Without specifying camera’s point spread function (PSF). (supported by NSF)- GE Healthcare, Milwaukee, WI
- Alicia Fernandez, PhD, 2006-2013. Design and Synthesis of anthracycline-peptide-conjugates targeted to nuclear DNA with less cardiotoxicity. (MBRS RISE fellowship, awarded Outstanding CEC PhD Graduate spring 2013, recognized as a World’s Ahead student at graduation) – Assistant Professor Nova SE University
- Tingjun Lei. 2008-2013. Multifunctional nanoparticles and their therapeutic application in cancer therapy: In vitro cellular studies and cellular response after laser induced heating within the cancer cell. Biomedical Scientist I at Cirile.
- Dharam Persaud. 2010-2013. An assessment of biodegradable and bioabsorbable materials for the treatment of cerebral aneurysms. (MBRS RISE fellowship) Received grant from American Aneurysm Foundation. Attending FIU Medical School starting fall 2013.
- Alejandro Amor-Coarasa 2010-2013. Microspheres for Selective Internal Radiation Treatment (Supported by NIH). Post-Doc for Shankar Vallabhajosula at Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University. NY
- Supriya Srinivasan. 2009-2015. Development of a surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) based sensor for detection of apoptotic proteins for evaluation of therapeutic efficiency of drug loaded polymeric nanoparticles (Supported by DOD and NIH). Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Miami.
- Vinay Bhardwaj 2010-2016. Label-free whole-cell SERS biosensor for monitoring stress response to environmental toxins (supported by DOD). Postdoc under Dr. Prabhas Moghe in Rutgers University Biomedical Engineering.
- Abhignyan Nagesetti. 2009-2017. Optimization of drug distribution during the combination of hyperthermia and chemotherapy in an in vitro 3D tumor model: A study in multicellular spheroids (supported by Global Learning Initiative assistantship).
- Senait Debebe 2011-2017. (Supported partly by NSF). Yttrium-90 SPECT/CT Quantitative Study and Comparison of Uptake with Pretreatment 99mTc-MAA SPECT/CT in Radiomicrosphere Therapy
MS Student Major Advisor:
- Xuming Mao, MS (Thesis), 1999-2001. Interpolation Methods for Dynamic Imaging and Tracer Kinetic Modeling for Emission Tomography using Rotating Detectors. (Earned PhD in Pharmacology from the University of Texas, Health Science Center. Later postdoc training at the University of Pennsylvania)
- Min Zhou, MS (Thesis), 2000-2002. Image Processing and Tracer Kinetics Modeling for The Rotating PET Study of Cerebral Glucose Metabolism
- Danny Gonzalez, MS (Thesis), 2002-2004. Creation of a Novel Magnetic Drug Delivery Complex. (Research Associate, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine).
- Michael Capille, MS (Thesis), 2003-2005. SPECT CBF Validation using Radioactive Microspsheres. (Systems Analyst ADT/Tyco)
- Jiali Wang, MS (Thesis), 2004-2005. Respiratory Gated PET for Lung Cancer Imaging. Device Development (Continued in PhD program at FIU).
- Kealoha Young, MS (project), 2005-2006. A micro-fabricated in vivo bubble oxygenator for the treatment of induced severe pulmonary disease.
- Raquibul Chowdhury, MS (Thesis), 2005-2007. Image Guided Targeted Therapeutics for Cancer: Combined Hyperthermia and Chemotherapy. (Research Associate, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine)
- Mohammed Goryawala, MS (Thesis), 2006-2007. Respiratory Gated PET for Lung Cancer Imaging. (FIU PhD student)
- Laura Causey, MS (Thesis), 2006-2008. A micro-fabricated in vivo bubble oxygenator for the treatment of induced severe pulmonary disease. (CCNY PhD student)
- Misael de Valle, MS (project), 2007-2008. Respiratory Gated PET Lung Phantom for Lung Cancer Imaging. (Georgetown School of Medicine)
- Karin Hsiao, MS (project), 2007-2008. Implant Retrieval Database Analysis.
- Rupak Dua, MS (Project), 2007-2008. To evaluate the use of electrical cell substrate impedance scanning system for investigating the cytotoxic effect of doxorubicin on ovarian cancerous cells (FIU PhD student)
- Abhignyan Nagesetti. MS (Project), 2007-2008. Design Strategy to Formulate Biodegradable Nanoparticles to entrap Fluorescent Drugs (FIU PhD student)
- Chetan Potdar. MS (project). 2007-2009. Spectrofluorometer based Optical Imaging System for fluorescence imaging of Molecular Fluorophores sodium fluorescein and Texas-Red conjugate dextran (Product Specialist — Transfusion at Terumopenpol Ltd).
- Segar Shah. MS (project) 2007-2009. To test the biocompatibility of Nitinol using endothelial cells and to investigate its cytotoxic effects
- Supriya Srinivasan. MS (project). 2007-2009. Preparation and characterization of doxorubicin loaded PLGA nanoparticles decorated with monoclonal antibodies for targeted chemotherapy of ovarian cancer. (FIU PhD student)
- Syed Kazmi. MS (project). 2007-2009. CCD camera imaging setup and in vivo hyperthermia (Assistant Process Engineer at BRR LTD. CO.)
- Duriem Calderin, MS (Thesis), 2008-2010. Modeling of Loose Contamination Scenarios to Predict the Amount of Contamination Removed. (Nuclear Engineer at Columbia Energy & Environmental Services)
- Dharam Persaud, MS (Project). 2009-2010. Nitinol Biomaterials: Topographical Analysis using Atomic Force Microscopy. (received PhD in BME at FIU and currently MD student at FIU)
- Denny Carvajal, MS (Thesis). 2010-2011. Understanding the role of bacteria isolated from the Hanford site soil on the fate and transport of uranium (Research Associate at Mount Sinai Medical Center).
- Parija Gumaste, MS (Project). 2011-2012. Optical imaging of thyroid cancer.
- Paola M. Sepulveda, MS (Thesis). 2012-2014. Evaluation of bacterial dissolution of autunite.